Beginner’s Regular Pizza Crust
- 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) packet Fleischmann's® Pizza Yeast or Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup very warm water (120° to 130°F)*
- 3 tablespoons Mazola® Canola Oil
- 1/2 to 1 cup pizza sauce
- Other toppings as desired
- 1 to 2 cups (4 to 8 ounces or 125 to 250g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine 1 cup flour, dry yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky . Knead on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. If using Quick-Rise Yeast, cover with a towel and let dough rest for 10 minutes before proceeding to next step .
- Pat dough with floured hands to fill greased pizza pan or baking sheet. OR roll dough on a floured counter to 12-inch circle; place in greased pizza pan or baking sheet. Form a rim by pinching the edge of the dough.
- Spread with pizza sauce. Top with desired toppings and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake on lowest oven rack for 12 to 15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and crust is browned.