Buttermilk Pancakes with Bread Booster
16 (4") Pancakes
1 Hour 20 Minutes
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3-1/2 teaspoons Fleischmann's® Bread Booster™
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) packet Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups buttermilk OR sour milk
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- In a medium bowl mix flour and Bread Booster together.
- Combine flour mixture, sugar, dry yeast, salt and baking soda in a large mixing bowl. In a microwave safe bowl, combine milk and oil. Microwave on HIGH in 15 second increments until very warm but not hot to the touch (120° to 130°F). Add milk, oil and beaten egg, stirring with a spoon until just blended. Don’t over stir or pancakes will be tough. Cover with plastic wrap or a towel; let rise in warm place until bubbly and almost doubled, about 10 minutes.
- Warm a lightly greased griddle or skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Stir batter; pour 1/4 cup per pancake onto griddle or skillet. Cook pancakes until edges are dry and surface is bubbly. Flip and cook the other side until golden brown. Remove from griddle and serve immediately. Top as desired.