- 3/4 cup almond slivers, chopped
- 2 cups flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toast almonds on baking sheet for 10 minutes or until golden, stirring once. Cool and reserve.
- Combine flour, cardamom, baking powder and salt in large mixing bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter with sugar until light and creamy. Beat in eggs, one at a time and add vanilla. Stir in flour mixture and almonds; blend well. With floured hands divide dough into 2 equal pieces. On greased baking sheets, pat each section of dough into a 2-inch by 10-inch rectangle.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until light brown and firm when pressed in center. Remove from oven (do not turn off oven); leave on baking sheet until cooled slightly, about 5 minutes. Carefully transfer the two rectangles to cutting board. Cut each rectangle crosswise into 20 (1/2-inch) slices. Place biscotti slices side down, on 2 baking sheets. Return to oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned, changing positions of pan halfway through baking time. Cool on racks. Store in airtight containers.