Crumpets with Bread Booster
2 Hours 45 Minutes
- 3-1/2 cup (875 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) lukewarm water
- 1 cup (250 mL) lukewarm milk
- 2 tbsp. (30 mL) melted butter
- 1-1/2 (7 mL) teaspoons Fleischmann's® Bread Booster™
- 1-1/4 tsp (6 mL) salt
- 1 (5 mL) teaspoon Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1 (5 mL) teaspoon Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp. (30 mL), for brushing ounce canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine flour, lukewarm water, lukewarm milk, melted butter, bread booster, salt, yeast and baking powder; beat vigorously for 2 minutes. (Alternatively, mix together using hand blender.) Cover with tea towel; let stand at room temperature for 1 hour or until frothy.
- Preheat griddle to low heat. Lightly grease pan and 3 1/2-inch (9 cm) ring moulds. Pour 1/2 cup (125 mL) batter into each ring mould; cook for 5 minutes. Remove ring using tongs; cook for about 5 minutes or until multiple bubbles burst in tops of crumpets.
- Turn crumpets; cook for about 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve hot or, if cooled, toast before serving.
- TIP: Substitute large Mason jar lids for English muffin rings if desired.