- 1 cup Gluten-Free Flour Mix
- 1 teaspoon Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tea bags Twining’s® Vanilla Chai tea
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine softened
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup buttermilk (can substitute 1/3 cup milk plus ½ teaspoon vinegar, let sit 3 minutes to sour)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Vanilla Chai Buttercream Icing
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 cups Icing sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 tea bag Twining’s® Vanilla Chai tea
- 12 cup Cupcake pan
- Cupcake liners
- Electric mixer
- Piping bag and decorating tip
**TIP** Recipe easily converts using 1 cup of All-purpose flour instead.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cupcake pan with 12 paper liners.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Cut open 2 tea bags and stir loose tea into flour mixture.
- In a separate bowl combine butter and sugar, beat on medium speed for 2 minutes or until pale and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition, then stir in the vanilla. Add in 1/3 of the flour and then half the buttermilk, alternating additions until well blended.
- Portion batter into baking cups, filling each two-thirds full. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack. Cool completely prior to frosting.
- To make the buttercream icing, beat the butter until light and fluffy, slowly add in the icing sugar until you have a thick icing, add in the loose tea and vanilla. Use only enough milk to adjust the consistency until it is soft, but still holds it shape, beat until smooth. Fill a piping bag fitted with your favourite decorating tip and swirl the top of each cupcake.
- Best eaten same day or within two days. Store at room temperature for a couple days then in the fridge in an airtight container to keep up to 5 days.