- 1-1/2 cups warm water (100° to 110°F)
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) package Fleischmann's® Traditional Yeast
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 3-1/4 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sundried tomatoes (dried, not oil packed)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet basil
- Combine water, yeast and sugar in large mixer bowl. Let rest 5 minutes until foamy. Add 2 cups flour, salt, tomatoes and spices; beat 2 minutes. Beat in 1 cup flour until well mixed. Add remaining flour until soft dough forms. Knead on lightly floured surface for 8 to 10 minutes until smooth and elastic. Place in large greased bowl, turning once to coat. Cover and let rise in warm draft-free area for 1 to 1-1/2 hours, until double.
- Punch dough down lightly and roll into a rope. Pinch off 10 equal sized pieces; cover and let rest 10 minutes. Roll each ball of dough into a 6-inch circle about 1/4-inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Stack dough rounds on a floured baking sheet, sprinkle flour between stacked dough.
- Grill over medium direct heat for 1 to 2 minutes until dough is set and very lightly browned. Turn and grill for 1 to 2 minutes until very lightly browned. Pitas should be cooked through but still soft.