- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- Food coloring (optional)
- Cream sugar and butter with electric mixer; add egg. Beat in flour, baking powder, salt and vanilla. Form into two balls. Cover and chill 20 to 30 minutes.
- Roll one portion of dough to 1/4-inch thickness on lightly floured surface. Cut with cookie cutters and place on ungreased cookie sheets. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven 7 to 8 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool 1 to 2 minutes on baking sheet and then transfer to cooling rack. Ice and decorate as desired.
- Combine powdered sugar, corn syrup, almond extract and enough milk for desired spreading consistency. Tint with food color, if desired.