- 1 ½ cups of icing sugar
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 4 large egg whites
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- 2 tbls of water
- 2 tbls of light corn syrup
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 5 drops of green food colouring
- ½ cup of roasted pistachios
- ¼ cup of granulated sugar
- 2 tbls of almond flour
- 1 tbls of vegetable oil
- ¼ cup (4tbls of unsalted butter)
- ¼ cup of almond paste
- ¼ cup of almond extract
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the icing sugar and almond flour, set aside.
- Fill a saucepan halfway with water and bring to a boil over medium heat. Once boiling, lower to a simmer.
- Add egg whites, sugar, and water to a larger heat-safe bowl that will sit on top of the saucepan (make sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water).
- Whisk eggs continuously until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat and continue to mix with a handheld mixer or stand mixer until you get stiff, white, shiny peaks.
- Gently fold in the almond flour mixture and corn syrup.
- Once combined, fold in 5 drops of green food colouring or until the desired colour.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Fill a pastry bag fitted with a ½” tip and pipe 1-inch rounds onto the cookie sheet, leaving 1” around each cookie in all directions.
- Let sit uncovered at room temperature for 30 minutes, up to 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Adjust oven racks, placing one on the lower third of the oven and the second in the upper third.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the macarons have risen and are smooth with crackled edges. Remove from the oven and place the cookie sheet on a cooling rack. Let cool completely before removing the cookies.
- Place pistachios and almond flour in a food processor and blend until the mixture resembles a coarse meal.
- Slowly drizzle in the oil while continuing to blend.
- Add in the butter, almond paste, almond extract, and 3 tbls of water. Continue to blend into a smooth paste (approx 3 minutes).
- Once the cookies are cool, spread about 1 tsp of pistachio filling between 2 cookies to create the finished macaron.