Roasted Red Pepper Hamburger Buns
2 hours 35 minutes
- 1/4 cup warm water (100º to 110ºF)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 (4-1/2 tsp.) envelopes Fleischmann's® Traditional Yeast
- 12 ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained and pureed (about 1 cup)
- 2 cups warm water (100º to 110ºF)
- 1/4 cup Mazola® Right Blend Oil
- 1/4 cup butter OR margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 packet (1 ounce) dry Italian dressing seasoning mix
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 6 to 7 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Combine 1/4 cup water, sugar and yeast in a small bowl. Allow to rest 5 minutes until frothy.
- Combine peppers, 2 cups water, oil, butter, salt, seasoning mix, garlic powder and yeast mixture in a large mixer bowl. Add 2 cups of flour and beat for 2 minutes until thoroughly combined. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface for 6 to 8 minutes, until dough is smooth and elastic. Shape dough into a ball and place in a greased bowl, turning once to cover. Cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free place until dough is doubled in size, about 40 minutes.
- Punch dough down. Divide dough into 18 rolls and place 6 rolls on each greased baking pan. Slightly beat egg with 1 tablespoon water and brush on rolls. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Cover and allow to rise until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes in a preheated 350°F oven.