- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Fleischmann’s Quick Rise® Yeast
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- Whisk flour, yeast, sugar and salt together in a large bowl.
- Heat milk and butter together in 30-second increments in the microwave until butter is melted, then let it cool down to between 120-130ºF.
- Add the butter mixture to the flour mixture along with the egg. Stir it all together with a wooden spoon to make a shaggy dough, then knead it a few times on a clean work surface until it forms a ball. Cover and let it rise for 1 hour.
- Butter a 9"x2" pie pan. Roll dough out into a 10” circle and press it into the prepared pan. Trim any overhang with scissors.
- Let it rest while you preheat the oven to 350ºF and prepare the filling.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, cream, eggs, vanilla and salt.
- Pour this filling into the crust and bake for 15 minutes, then cover crust edges with a pie protector or with foil and continue to bake about 10 minutes more, until filling is puffed and mostly set. Cool 30 minutes before serving.