- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Fleischmann’s® Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Egg wash
- Flaked salt, to finish
- Preheat the oven to 425(f) degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together butter, brown sugar & buttermilk until well combined.
- Sift in flour, baking soda, baking powder & salt. Stir until dough comes together.
- Transfer to the prepared baking sheet & shape into a round loaf.
- Brush with egg wash & sprinkle with flaked salt. Slice an x in the center of the loaf before baking.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until golden brown & cooked throughout. Let cool slightly before slicing & serving.