- 1 ¼ cup of cornmeal
- ¾ cup of spelt flour
- 3 tbsp of flax seeds
- ½ cup of cold vegan butter, cubed
- ½ tsp of baking soda
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- ½ cup of shredded vegan parmesan cheese
- 8 tbsp of ice cold water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ cups of frozen green peas
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup of shredded vegan parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp of toasted pine nuts
- 2 tbsp of Right Blend oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- Pea shoots
- Crumbled vegan cheese (like feta or goat cheese)
- Fresh mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Brush a 20 cm tart pan with oil.
- In a food processor, add all crust ingredients except the water and pulse until just combined.
- Butter should be approx the size of peas.
- Slowly add the ice water one tablespoon at a time and pulse until the dough just starts to come together. You should be able to pinch it and have the dough stick together.
- Press the dough into your greased pan, ensuring the bottom and sides are relatively even. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove tart from the fridge and prick the entire bottom surface of the tart with a fork.
- Pre bake the crust for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the crust is baking, start your filling.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and in a separate large bowl prepare an ice bath.
- Cook peas until bright green, approx. 2 minutes, and place directly into the ice bath.
- Once completely cooled, remove onto a paper towel and drain completely.
- Clean and stem asparagus and place in boiling water until bright green but still crunchy, approx. 2-3 minutes and place directly in ice bath. Once cooled, drain onto a paper towel and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine your cooked peas along with the remaining pesto ingredients except the oil. Pulse until roughly combined.
- Begin to process at low to medium speed and slowly drizzle in the oil. If the mixture is too thick add more oil or a little bit of water. Should be about the consistency of hummus. Once your tart crust has finished baking and cooled slightly, spread an even layer of pea pesto over the entire surface. Arrange your asparagus spears over top and drizzle with oil and a sprinkling of sea salt and pepper.
- Bake again for another 10-15 minutes. Top with pea shoots, fresh mint leaves and crumbled vegan cheese and enjoy!