- 2 to 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3-1/2 teaspoons Fleischmann's® Bread Booster™
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) packet Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk (whole, 2%, 1% OR skim)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- In a medium bowl mix the flour and Bread Booster together.
- Combine 3/4 cup flour, sugar, dry yeast and salt in a large mixer bowl and stir until blended. Combine milk, water and butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH in 15 second increments until very warm but not hot to the touch (120° to 130°F. Butter won’t melt completely). Add to flour mixture.
- Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Add egg and 1/4 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed. Stir in just enough of the remaining flour (1 to 1-1/4 cups) so that the dough will form into a ball.
- Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic and springs back when lightly pressed with 2 fingers, about 6 to 8 minutes. Cover with a towel; let rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut dough into 12 equal pieces; shape into balls using your hands. Place in greased 8-inch round or square pan. Cover with towel; let rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 30 minutes .
- Bake in preheated 375ºF oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan by running a knife around the edges and invert onto wire rack; brush with additional melted butter, if desired. Serve warm.