- ¾ cup of cold fruit juice
- 6 packets of gelatin
- 1 ⅓ cup of white granulated sugar
- ¾ cup Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 2 tsp. of citric acid
- 1 ½ tsp. of concentrated candy flavouring
- Oil cooking spray
- Lightly spray your gummy molds, wipe out the excess and set aside.
- In a bowl add the fruit juice and gelatin and gently stir to combine. Set aside and let the gelatin sit to bloom for 5 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, add the corn syrup and sugar and gently stir to combine. Bring to a simmer over medium high heat until the sugar has fully dissolved.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the citric acid and gelatin mixture. Mix gently with a rubber spatula until the gelatin has completely dissolved. Try not to create too many air bubbles by over stirring
- Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes. Foam will start to collect on top. Scoop off as much of the foam as possible to keep the mixture clear.
- Carefully stir in your flavouring of choice.
- Using a funnel, slowly pour the mixture into a squeeze bottle. Fill each mold ¾ of the way up. Alternatively you can use a syringe to fill up the molds. Let your gummies sit at room temperature for approximately 15 minutes to cool completely, then chill in the fridge overnight.
- The next day remove the gummies from the mold and let them air dry at room temperature on a wire rack for 24-48 hours. This will help dry the gummies out and give a stiffer, chewy texture. Lightly dust with cornstarch and store in an air-tight container.
Tip: If you want to have multiple flavours you can divide your mixture into 3 bowls and add ½ tsp. of flavouring into each bowl.