The Perfect Pie Dough
1 Double Crust Pie Dough
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, cold & cubed
- 1/3 cup shortening, cold
- 1/2 cup ice water
- To a food processor add flour, cornstarch, sugar & salt. Pulse until blended.
- Add the butter & shortening. Pulse until mixture resembles a crumb like consistency.
- Slowly add the water until the dough comes together. Transfer onto a floured surface & shape into a disc. Wrap in plastic wrap & refrigerate until ready to use.